The Deputy Chairman of the
Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Mr Isa Usman, has filed a N150
million lawsuit against the board, alleging wrongful dismissal.
Usman is seeking nine reliefs in a
case tagged NICN/ABJ/266/2023 filed at the National Industrial Court in Abuja
by Oseni Bamigbai, a lawyer at Mohammed Shuaib Law Firm.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
reports that Usman is the plaintiff in the suit filed on September 29, 2023,
with JAMB as the sole defendant.
The petitioner asks the court to
declare that the composition of the Recruitment Committee of the Board of Directors established by the
authority is completely illegal, illegal, invalid and not in accordance with
the provisions of Chapter 3.5.4 of the Staff Guidelines, Rules. Eng. Rules of
the Board. He also wants the court to declare that the establishment of the
committee, consisting mostly of the Administrative Registrar and other directors,
was instrumental in the irregularities he exposed, explained in paragraph 6 of
the page 5 of 3 March. pay. "The applications on April 2023 and March 31
2023 are illegal and invalid."
The argument is based on the fact that the right to a fair trial
before the committee does not exist.
Usman also asked the court to
declare that "the actions of the defendants in dismissing the petitioner
without considering the report of the assembly committee are alleged to be
illegal, if the legal and illegal."
The petitioner seeks an order to
vacate the Commission's order "reprimanding" him and asks the court
to reinstate him "with all the
rights, benefits and privileges conferred by
his position. " I request an order to do so.
He is seeking "an order
awarding the plaintiff all back wages, back wages and benefits except for the
one dismissed."
“It is an order that the defendant proposes to
appoint the plaintiff to the position of Director of Finance and Accounts
because he is the senior director and
qualified in the Department of Finance.
The current Director of Finance and Accounts (DFA) will attain the age of 60
years from May 9, 2022. He will hold the post without any rule. “The total cost
is one hundred and fifty million naira (150 million naira).”
"The costs of this action are
reasonable attorneys' fees."
In his statement of facts, Usman said he joined JAMB on September 11,
1997 as a deputy accountant and was promoted several times on the board as
deputy director. According to him, when he was sacked, he had been working in
the government for eight years as a
deputy director and then as a secretary to the government.
He said that his professional
education, training, experience and personal principles have made him "a
responsible, honest, transparent, intelligent and anti-corruption person who
does not care about any kind of difference." He said this caused conflict
with the county administration, who saw it as a disability that needed to be
removed.
He said his commitment to integrity
and avoidance of malpractices led him to file complaints about financial
transactions in the country with the JAMB administration, Directorate of
Services, EFCC, ICPC and the Department of the Permanent Secretary of the
Federal Ministry of Education. . Submit it to the Board of Directors.
Usman said it was regrettable that these measures were not supported by the
administration of the council, especially the Chairman of the Council,
Professor Ishaku Oloyede.
NAN
reviewed at least 33 letters in
court documents in which the petitioners disclosed to the committee various
irregularities related to procurement, accounting and labor laws, and
violations of ethics, civil laws and regulations. It was written that the
letter was sent to a government agency. In this regard, Usman says that due to
physical and health problems he has been transferred several times despite
repeated requests.
According to him, the accused,
despite being physically disabled and separated from his family, traveled
dangerously from Abuja to Kogi, Kaduna and Port Harcourt and returned to
Kaduna within five years. . That's the
way it is.
He argued that the transfer was
meant to relieve him of the board's important duties and avoid
concerns about large-scale interference. He added that a false case has
been filed at the Federal High Court, Abuja (FHC) seeking his removal.
"Despite all these challenges,
claimants have been able to fulfill their duties and responsibilities with
strength and gratitude," he said.
Justice Osathhammwen Obaseki Osage
adjourned the matter to March 11 for further deliberations as representatives of JAMB did not attend
Monday's hearing. The judge also ordered that
notice of the hearing be served
on the defendant on the adjourned date.
According to NAN, on June 14, 2023,
the police appeared before FHC Judge Nkeonye Maha for allegedly threatening Usman. Rahimat
Oloyede's husband, especially the Registrar, Professor Ishaku on the phone.
siege. JAMB threw out a door.
However, when the parties returned
to court, Usman's lawyer told the FHC court that both parties should submit to
the authority of the court and respect the authority of the court, and the
court's jurisdiction continues until the trial is resumed. In the process, his
client tells him that he has been fired. and support the prosecutor's decision.

Post a Comment
0Comments